Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine Bags

For this month's service project we are collecting items that we'll put in Valentine goody bags for the Women and Children In Crisis, a shelter for the abused. 
I made a list of all of the items we would need to make the 30 bags for the residents there. Last Sunday, I passed the sign-up sheets around at Church so people could volunteer to bring the needed items. When I got the lists back, I was shocked - everything was signed up to be donated! I even got some extras in a few categories! I am learning that I shouldn't be shocked - I live in a very loving, caring and generous neighborhood with a lot of amazing people who do want to help others. It does my heart good. 
We will be putting together 15 Valentine bags for the children and 15 for the women. We collected things like coloring books, stuffed animals and hostess cupcakes for the kids and lip gloss, nail polish and hershey bars for the women. I think the bags will be nice - hopefully a small token to let these precious children of God know that we love them. 

We'll be putting the bags together on Thursday, February 12 at 10:00 a.m.. Please join us if you'd like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment